What do we mean by personal data?
Any kind of information that identifies you or can be used in your identification process is referred to as ‘personal data’. Such details can be your contact details including your first and last name, date of birth, birthplace, your personal addresses (both email and postal), as well as your IP address and signatures.
Personal data that we collect
There are limited information types that we may collect from our customers that is bound to:
- Direct interactions: the type of data that you voluntarily fill in within any of the forms presented on our website (such as subscription forms, application forms, contact forms, etc.), or the information you provide to our customer service representatives through any of the available channels including the website chat, post, email address or mobile phone.
- Automated technologies: our website may automatically store some of your data such as the IP address, or the amount of time spent on specific sections of our website. Should you require any further information on the cookies of our website, please consult with our Cookie
Please also note that we only require your personal data or related information for the purposes strictly defined in the text below. Should you choose to provide any other information that is not asked on the website you consent to the processing of that extra data for the purposes for which you decided to provide the details.
We require that a user provides fully accurate and up-to-date information regarding their personal details so that we can flawlessly fulfill the services that we offer on our website, be it a newsletter subscription form or application of any kind. Furthermore, we are free from any responsibility in case customers decide to provide erroneous or fraudulent information.
In case you are filling out the forms on behalf of minors or adults other than you, please make sure that you have their prior and express consent to process their personal data and communicate it to us. For the purposes of representing the minor, bear in mind that you should be a legal guardian or parent of the represented person.
Considering the terms presented above, please kindly take into account:
- If we receive a request, or personal information regarding an adult person from another individual without presenting the consent of the reference person, we may inform the owner of the personal data regarding the communication. In case the referred person objects to the application/form/provision of his or her personal details, we will not proceed with the application/subscription, or any other services offered on our websites.
- If we receive a request, or personal information regarding a minor from another individual without presenting the consent of the minor in reference, we may contact the legal guardian or parent of the minor. In the event that the legal guardian or parent objects the application/form/provision of the minor’s personal details, we will not proceed with the application/subscription or any other services offered on our website.
How is your personal data used?
There are number of ways we process your personal data that may include the following:
- To provide you with up-to-date information regarding the ETIAS and any related news in our newsletter. In such cases, we will use the personal details that you have indicated within the subscription form to contact you.
- To address any questions you may ask our customer service representatives via available communication channels, such as the website chat, email, post, etc.
- To improve your experience on our website and to use your behavioural information (such as navigation and bounce rates) for improving the website interface and/or the services that we provide to you.
- To process regular checks against fraudulent and illegal activities that we may notice on or through our website.
Legal basis for processing your data
The purposes for which we may store your personal data are in complete compliance with legal requirements and the way we process your personal information has a legal basis, as well. In most cases, the legal basis for processing your personal data will be:
- The consent you have given us to process your personal data in connection with the purposes communicated when your data was collected (that is, the information requested in writing to our customer service team).
- To comply with our legal obligations and/or to meet the requirements of administrative, judicial, or equivalent authorities.
- Our legitimate interests in potential billing for our services, improved user experience when using this website efficiently, improved quality of professional services, and monitoring of fraudulent activity on our website.
How long does your data stay with us?
We will process your personal information only until the purposes for collecting such information is achieved. Afterward, we will be storing your personal data in a safely and blocked manner only accessible in case of any disputes or legal obligations/claims related to the fulfillment of the services provided on our website. At the end of such period, your personal information will be deleted permanently and will no more be available within our information system. You can also order at any time deletion of your personal data and, after receiving such a request, your information would be deleted from our website and information systems.
How do we share your personal information?
The personal data that you share with us while visiting or navigating our website may be shared under the following circumstances:
- To our technical service provider who hosts our information system and/or provides us with tools or technical support.
- To comply with our legal obligations and/or meet the requirements of administrative, judicial, or equivalent authorities.
- To protect our legitimate interests in the event of a claim related to the professional services provided.
Please kindly note that the third-party websites that our website may redirect you to may be located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In such a case, your personal data will be subject to international transfer and different privacy policies and regulations may apply. Once again, be sure to check the privacy and cookies policy of any redirected website to guarantee the security of your personal information, as well as your individual rights and freedoms.
Protection of your personal data
We guarantee that we will make every effort to safely and securely store any information that you provide on our website. The website has up-to-date information systems that are in full compliance with technical and organisational measures necessary to safeguard your confidentiality, as well as the integrity of any private information you may provide while being on our website. In this manner, we provide the security against unauthorised and unlawful processing of your private data.
We do our best to keep your information safe on our website, but please still take precautions to protect your personal data. Make sure that you do not respond to any fake messages or websites pretending to be our partners or resembling our website.
Exercising your rights
You can also modify the privacy settings within your web browser which will allow you to limit the tracking preferences. There are also multiple extensions and programmes for the purposes of ‘Do Not Track’, which will grant you further freedom to choose which cookies to allow.
In case of any questions or inquiries, we remain at your complete disposal and can be reached through our contact form.